- This event has passed.
Practical Permaculture Weekend
May 21, 2016 @ 10:00 am - May 22, 2016 @ 4:00 pm$150
A fun filled Practical Permaculture Introduction Weekend! We will explain and show you how to design a integrated living system that is abundant, self regulating and resilient. Learn form our successes and failures so you can create your holistic design systems better and quicker.
Weather you are on an urban lot or a farm homestead, energy, water, soil building, animal systems, food production and preservation systems and diverse income streams are all important to you. We will have an extended site tour of our established productive permaculture farm, hands on activities and a design exercise. This and more will augment an information packed experiential weekend.
Presentations and discussions on the fundamentals of permaculture ethics, principals and design strategies in the morning, site tour and hands on sessions working with guilds, soil, integrated systems and observation and interaction activities later in the day.
Topics to be covered:
- Zones and Sectors
- Core Permaculture principals
- Working with and designing the edge
- Reading the landscape
- Water and nutrient flow in the landscape
- Methods and strategies of Design
- Natural Systems extension strategies.
- Composts, compost tea and building soils
- Guild plants and stacked systems
- Home scale Nursery techniques
- Appropriate scale tools and techniques
- Designing for resilient abundance
- Reference library and other resources