- This event has passed.
Practical Permaculture Introduction Weekend
May 20 @ 10:00 am - May 21 @ 4:00 pm$150
A fun filled Permaculture Immersion Weekend will illustrate practical ways to design a integrated living system that is self regulating, abundant and resilient. Weather you are on an urban lot or a farm homestead, energy, water, soil building, animal systems, food production and preservation systems, diverse income streams are all important to you. Ethics and principals of Permaculture will guide our discussion as we cover a wide assortment of practical Permaculture strategies and techniques that can be easily applied to your property and lifestyle.
A hands on approach to Permaculture. Zones, sectors, ethics, mapping, compost and guilds. This information stacked weekend will provide practical ways to design your environment into an integrated system of abundance and productivity.
An extended site tour will augment this experiential weekend. Presentations and discussion in the AM, site tour and hands on with bed prep, Northwest plant guilds, soil creation, Nursery establishment, water and other integrated systems in the PM.
Please join Certified Permaculture designer Brian Kerkvliet for an experiential opportunity to learn at an established permaculture farm.
- Plant Guilds: Fruit Tree Planting
- Ethics, Zones, Sectors, Elements, Functions,
- Permaculture Principles, Concepts:
- Extended Site Tour
- Compost strategies, Sheet Mulching / Keyhole Bed Construction
- Integrated Systems
Pot luck lunch for both days. Camping is available.
Testimonials from Past Classes
- “Workshop was beyond my wildest expectations! Loved it!” Mary, L.
- “I appreciate getting to know you, appreciate you sharing your wealth of permaculture & scything knowledge and look forward to future connections.” Gary, B.
- “I just wanted to say thanks again for a really great workshop at your farm. The format worked very well, loved all the hands on. Please extend thanks to all the instructors they did a great job.” Mat, P.
- “I feel this class has met my expectations and can see it exceeding them as it continues. I really look forward to the upcoming modules and guest instructors.” Steve, W.
- “Thanks for all your effort in putting the Permaculture Design Certification course together. It was an exceptional learning experience. I marvel at how much you guys know and how enthusiastically the material was presented. Your guest presenters were outstanding and gave the course a welcomed perspective. I believe the hands-on experience such as making a thermophilic compost pile, constructing a cob rocket stove, planting a food forest, harvesting rye grain and kale seed, were invaluable to the course’s effectiveness. Brian’s home-made machines, ( e.g. the bucket grain thresher, the solar dehydrator, etc.) are a continuing challenge to all of us to be creative. Overall, the presentation reflected your deep respect for natural processes and dedication to making a positive contribution to our world. I’d recommend the course to anyone interested in permaculture or just wanting to learn about lifestyle possibilities available to us all.” Kevin
- “I spent 6 blessed-fantastic-very full days at Inspiration Farm exploring and learning about permaculture… studying: energy systems, design principles, nature’s patterns, ecosystems, climates, nitrogen & carbon cycles, biodyanmics, the wild world of mushrooms, topography, base map creation, forest ecology, guilds, earthworks, soil building, water/rain & greywater systems, composting systems, sacred gemometry and sooooo much more with a great bunch of fun, playful, wise & passionate human-beings. Tons of gratitude all at Inspiration Farm and the many pioneers that keep this fire burning!” Stephanie