Hands on Permaculture Practice
Spring is here and it is time to get things in the ground. This time of year there is a lot to be done to get ready for the plants when they are ready to Spring forth. There is a wide array of projects to work on for the upcoming series of volunteer days.
We will keep projects fun educational and productive in these half day volunteer opportunities. You will get to see and experience a developed permaculture system. This part of the year the water is flowing and the buds are tight, storing up energy to leap forth when the days get longer and warmer.
To join us fill out the form below and let us know you are interested. Let’s work together!
A few of the projects we will be working on are:
- Scything and harvesting mulch to use in beds.
- Cleaning up the food forest
- Shaping up beds for planting
- Planting out starts and tending beds
- Taking cuttings of plant material for Propagation
- Pollarding the willow windbreak and harvesting basket making material
- Sifting the char pile to make a new batch of bio char
- Potting up Seedlings and cuttings into their own pots
- Cutting and Tending all the berry plants before fruit ripens