Hands on Permaculture
Winter is long and wet and on the farm you just want to kick back and hang out by the fire and eat soup. But Spring is coming and it will not wait. This time of year there is a lot to be done to get ready for the plants when they are ready to Spring forth. There is a wide array of projects to work on for this first series of volunteer days.
We will keep projects fun educational and productive in these half day volunteer opportunities. You will get to see and experience a developed permaculture system in the dormant season. This part of the year the water is flowing and the buds are tight, storing up energy to leap forth when the days get longer and warmer.
To join us fill out the form below and let us know you are interested. Let’s work together!
A few of the projects we will be working on are:
- Pruning fruit trees and cleaning up the food forest
- Making up potting mix from on site materials
- Cleaning up some beds to get ready for planting
- Taking cuttings of plant material for Propagation
- Planting tree and berry stock from the nursery
- Seeding flats to be grown out in the potting shed