Fresh Inspiration Week of Monday July 4
- 3 varieties of Kale $2/bunch
- 5 varieties of Lettuce $2/head
- Beet Greens $2/bunch
- Swiss Chard $2/bunch
- Snap Peas $4/lb
- Mizuna and Arugula $9/lb
- Black and Red Currants $6 for 1/2 pint or $3U-pick
- Red and Golden Raspberries $6/pint or $3U-pick
- Beets $2/bunch
- Garlic Scapes $2/bunch
- Fresh Garlic $10/lb
- Herbs: Parsley, Rosemary, Cilantro, Chives, Thyme and Sage $2/bunch
- Fresh Basil $12/lb
A screaming deal for Fresh Biodynamic Produce!
If you want something that isn’t listed, just ask, we may have it, or it may be on its way!
Fresh Inspiration Reviews
- Thank you for the delicious fruits and vegetables. There are none better. This past week we picked raspberries and cherries that had the best taste. We will be eating some and freezing others. The prices are fantastic especially when one knows the biodynamic growing process you follow. “Twice as good at half the price” should be your motto. We will be back for more throughout the season. We love the weekly updates listing what’s currently fresh. Your farm is one of the bright spots of Bellingham. Cheers! Sachiko and Kevin
- There are days I take the kids to one of the many parks we have in our beautiful city and days we go to the farm. Yes, the kids have fun at the park, expending their energy and establishing neural connections as they learn to climb something new, but the days I enjoy the most are the days when I see them completely enthralled with the miracle of how our nourishment grows from a seed out of the ground. We spent another magnificent morning with Farmer Brian at Inspiration Farm touring the various beds where even I saw many things for the first time. The kids are engaged, ask questions, and love to taste everything. Today we tried three different varieties of currants, 2 varieties of gooseberries, and raspberries. Here the kids are picking sugar snap peas off the vine (one of their favorites). They were each given their own baskets and went to work. Every time I leave the farm, I think…boy, there couldn’t be a better place for kids.
- If any local Northwest Washington friends are looking for organic produce grown sustainably with love, please check out Inspiration Farm. Brian and Alexandra have a breathtaking property where they grow just about everything you can think of and several things you’ve never heard of! This is our trunk load today full of kale, beets, turnips, fennel, broccoli, snap and shelling peas, garlic scapes, basil, mint, eggs, and we can’t forget the raspberries! You can sign up for their weekly Fresh Inspiration newsletter at their website www.inspirationfarm.com which lists all the produce available in season and includes recipes, too! What a blessing the Kerkvliets are to our community. Thank you for feeding us!!! ❤️#grateful #realfood #organic #organicfarming #biodynamic #biodynamicfarming #inspirationfarm #summer#nutrientdense #fresh #vegetables
Red & Black Currants
- We are flush with Red and Black Currants and they pack a punch. The plump little berries can be made into a glaze or sauce served over lamb or turkey and they can also be made into a delicious jam or eaten fresh with granola for a tasty breakfast or snack.
- They also pack a punch in terms of Nutrients: Currants are the NW source for Vitamin C, and has antioxidant properties that stop free radicals.
- Black Currants are used to aid in curing many ailments including infections, inflammation from arthritis, and even cancer
- Eating them is good for you!!! and they’re tasty!
For those of you who are receiving this newsletter for the first time, Thank you for joining the Fresh Inspiration club, you will be the first to be alerted to our in season beyond organic biodynamically grown roots, fruits, leaves & flowers.
You can place your custom order ahead of arriving by calling, texting or emailing and we will harvest right before your preferred pick-up time Produce will be available on a first come first serve basis.
We accept cash, check or set up a pre-paid account
Pre-pay $100 and get an extra $10 of produce
Newsletters will be sent out every tuesday for weekend orders/pickups
Let us know ahead of time for a quick tour with a $50 order
Thank you for supporting nutrient dense Biodynamic Permaculture Produce